01 January 2013

Blogpost #501

One of many happy moments in 2012... my first swarm!
I have neglected you, gentle reader, and Hannah has shamed me into returning to the keyboard here and saying a few words. The last year, like every other, has been full and productive and I find that it gets harder to remember what actually happened in any given year. I'd like to call it living in the moment, but it's more likely creeping senility as the old brain cells slowly fade!
Nowadays, I can just look back at my old blog posts and be reminded of all that has transpired. 
Very handy!!!
So, here's a few highlights:

Started the new salt kiln 
(update ; most of the brickwork is done, we need to cast a key in the arch.)

Taught a workshop at University of Mary Washington

Released the DVD of the movie made about me.
(copies still available!)

Hosted the Kline/Philbeck Roadshow at LibertyTown

Chased a bunch of swarming bees all spring long!

Fired # 12 in the woodkiln.

Spent the summer in Britain: 
(w-a-y too much to relate here...check out June and July and August blog posts where you'll read about red clay and cups of tea and beer and cider etc.)

Firing # 13

'POTTERY ON THE HILL'

Recovered from 'Pottery on the Hill'

Resumed making pot s for a rare February firing.

And here we are are back in the moment. I need to buy a new vehicle and I'm thinking about getting a Ford Transit Connect. An interesting small van. But it might not serve all my needs, as there are big things planned for 2013 and you'll have to stay tuned to get the news. I promise that I won't make you wait a month. I am really enjoying my time in the studio. I have been able to keep my focus through all the holiday revelry and stay in the groove.

I hope that you are fit and optimistic for the year that lies ahead of us. Make good pots and have some adventure!
Pedestal Bowls

6 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

Bee happy this year. I drove the TC van and liked it a lot.I wish the second row seat popped out instead of folding forward. It still takes up a lot of room.Limited towing was another issue.

Anna M. Branner said...

What kind of road clearance does the TC give you? Thinking of your country road.....Happy New Year Dan!

gz said...

Good to hear from you- a nice busy year!

Those bowls are really beautiful.

Wishing you health, happiness, bees and LOTS of pots!!
xx

klineola said...

I'm so glad that we saw each other a couple of times this year and I look forward to seeing you here in Penland this spring! Happy New Year!

smartcat said...

Looks like you have been a busy bee this year just past! (OUCH! Did I really say that?)

Beautiful bowls.

Happiest of New Years to you and yours!

cookingwithgas said...

Bee Happy.
Bee fruitful.
Bee kind.
Bee aware.
Bee there.

Happy New Year Dan!