13 February 2012

More Big Fun

Once I got to the studio I started to finish the pots from the week-end big-pot fiesta. I am always aware of where the widest point of the belly falls and you can see here a couple of different ideas.

This little treat was waiting for me today courtesy of Emily, Ellie and Maple. They were rooting around my little 'boneyard' in the woods when I arrived!
I like the cider jar in the back
I'm not sure that I'll ever feel like I'm really a big pot maker, but it's been great to devout a good chunk of time to stretching my skills. Because these are made in sections they are a much more deliberate way of working. The pots that I typically throw end up being fresher. That's next. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

Looks like fun Dan.

Hollis Engley said...

Won't take long to fill a chamber with those.

cookingwithgas said...

I love a nice fat flat rim.....those tall boys are stellar the first one on the left....calls me.