09 May 2010

More Chocolate Goodness

It's been a hectic week...after unloading the kiln Wednesday I had to switch gears quickly for two receptions at LibertyTown in two nights for our Patron's Show (more on that later this week) (and I had to squeeze in poker night between the two!). And just when I thought I could relax, Dave Breedin called to say that there was wood to be had so first thing Saturday morning I hitched up the trailer and headed to deepest, darkest Spotsylvania County. It seems cruel to be working so hard for a firing I won't do for at least 4 months, but , wood is a problem, so I get it when I can. The firing continues to reveal surprises, mostly good ones.
(I use chocolate in my title, referring to my love for warm, toasty, 'hairy brown pottery'...unlike the folks at Windy Ridge Pottery, who recently wrote of their love of pale pots...to each his own!)
Everyone needs a helper!!!

14 comments:

Bill Perrine said...

What an incredible firing! I'm thinkin' you've done this before ;-]

FetishGhost said...

Beautiful, beautiful results!

Hollis Engley said...

Looks good, Daniel. Nice to see those old favorite glazes and slips again.

Hannah said...

more lovely lovely lovlieness Dan. That wee big headed chap is fun.

Anna M. Branner said...

Its those brown plates that I love....will any make it to LibertyTown??

Ron said...

I love those bowls w. the crackle slip!!

Linda Starr said...

what a great firing, love the interior of the bowls and the chocolatey brown plates and the deco on those.

Unknown said...

Man, those bowls are fantastic! Sure wish I could have me one o them...

Anonymous said...

wow dan... those bowls are really beautiful! what a combination of the crackly stuff and the non-crackly stuff. really lovely pots

Unknown said...

the stuff looks beautiful, and i love the photo of the still-packed kiln. looks like all that hard work really paid off! i'm honored to have witnessed some of the "nesting". digging the birds.

Joe Troncale said...

Gorgeous. Great finishes and textures. True art.
Thanks.

Monique said...

Drooling.... :-D

Elizabeth Seaver said...

These pots are so cool, Dan. Thanks for inviting me come to the kiln opening. It was a great experience!

klineola said...

Love the bowls, the glaze forming those lines...the crackle slip, clay color...excellent.