01 November 2008

Pumpkin Love

I've spent most of this last week cleaning up after the firing and getting ready for winter, which seems to be coming sooner than later. I'm moving back to my cosy little insulated studio. Most people with winter and summer studios have one in Maine and one in New Mexico...mine are 60 feet apart.
I really need to get back on the wheel soon, but I've been planning the world's coolest outhouse and for some reason, this has turned out to be the time for digging a big hole. I've been building a library for it for years. And I don't mean the old Sears catalog!
I did have cold visit to Emmett Snead's farm for some pumpkin pickin' with Emily and Ellie Bird. He grows these lovely, warty old varieties.


Ellie hypnotized by chickens.

3 comments:

Ron said...

That's such a cute picture of Ellie. She must have wore herself out picking out pumpkins

klineola said...

With the look of your beard, winter must be nearing. That is a cute Ellie Bird

John Tilton said...

Ellie Bird -- I'll take two.