22 July 2008

Albert Einstein



I finished listening to a fantastic book on tape today (Einstein by Walter Isaacson) while finishing up this giant coil-built teapot. He was an extraordinary fellow. And very quotable. Here's a few...

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
"Foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth"
"I can't tell you what will happen in the 3rd World War, but I can tell you what weapon we'll use in the 4th......rocks!" (after the U.S dropped the bomb on Japan)

I had second thoughts about making this sweet fat form into a novelty item, but sometimes I need to follow an idea right through to the end. Other times a little spontaneity is called for.This time I planned on making a teapot...and I did.

2 comments:

klineola said...

Great Pots, will you wood fire these? Great quotes, too. I'm really enjoying your blog, thanks.

Dan Finnegan said...

High compliments from the king of blogs!
Definitely going into my wood kiln...sometime this fall. I don't think I'll ever fire in the heat of a Virginia summer.